Monday, February 25, 2008

To Begin

I am kind of known for being a person who is "into" bacon. This is a self-perpetuating reputation, as it turns out, because once people decide that bacon is your thing, they start showering you with bacon paraphernelia, sending you links to bacon-related news items, and making a lot of jokes about your bacon lust. I've struggled with it for awhile, but as I was cooking dinner tonight, I realized that, you know, I DO like bacon. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? Furthermore, I'm coming to realize that aside from being very tasty, and suitable for pretty much any meal of the day, bacon does have a tendency to inspire a curious kind of fanaticism. For starters, most bacon-related urls on blogspot are taken. Granted, mostly by what I would call crap , but nonetheless, it's somewhat notable. 

Thus, this blog, a repository for all the bacon-related wisdom I have accrued. Recipes, schwag, folklore, analysis, who knows. It may seem strange to devote an entire blog to the topic, but hey, what is the internet if not a repository for random, somewhat bizarre yet possibly useful and/or entertaining stuff? How much can a person really say about bacon? We shall see my friends, we shall see.

No comments: